Wednesday, May 17, 2006

BBQ & Beach Weekend

Sat. May 13 - I worked for Take 5 again today, but this time, I was in charge of doing a BBQ on NAS I (the base I live on). I had been working out the details with CeCe and I was going to meet the DJ at noon and we'd start the BBQ. The day before, I made flyers and put them all over the barracks on NAS I since that was the crowd we were trying to attract. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, tons of soda and water, a DJ, and lots of people brought their own beer. We couldn't provide beer since it was a Liberty sponsored event. We also played horseshoes and volleyball during the day. It was scheduled to go until 6, but everyone was pretty much gone by 4:30pm. We figured they all wanted to do their own thing since it was a Saturday. Before CeCe and her husband left, they invited me to the beach tomorrow before I had to be at work. I needed some more sun, so we planned for them to pick me up at 8:30 the next morning. It was fun though. I took a nap after the BBQ, but we planned to have a "Tamale Night" in Joe and Pirate's room. Tamale Night consisted of homemade beef and green corn tamales and refried beans that Joe's parents brought for us directly from Arizona. They were so good and we've got enough for one more Tamale Night. As I was eating, I decided to watch Saw 2. It was so good. If you haven't seen that one and you loved the original Saw, this is a great sequel. After the movie, I went to bed since tomorrow was gonna be a long day in the sun and then work.

Sun. May 14 - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I left my room for the beach around 8:45 this morning with CeCe, her husband Eric, McGhee, and their daughter Britney. We drove to La Cucharachas since we all really like that beach. Not as many people ended up wanting to come that originally planned, but we figured if they really wanted to come down, they'd get there sometime in the afternoon. We needed to leave around 3 or 3:30 so I could shower and get to work by 5. The beach was pretty empty when we got there, but the weather was perfect. A nice breeze and a nice hot sun. We set up our towels and beach chairs and the tanning began. It was an awesome day. I studied my SCUBA book for awhile, listened to my IPod, and got some nice sun. Around 11, a few of our friends came to join us. A few of us occassionally went to go play in the ocean, and wow...the water has definitely improved over the past few weeks. It was actually bearable today. Once you got in past your waist, it felt really good. I ended up staying in the ocean for awhile just swimming around. The only down side to playin in this ocean is that it is sooooo salty. It's a lot saltier than the water around the States. For the last hour of the day, I ended up playing in the sand and water with their daughter. She's so cute. Britney's 7 years old. We made sand soup and ended up jumping over waves for over an hour. She was lovin the water today. CeCe said usually she doesn't get in since it's so cold. It was a lot of fun though. We packed up and grabbed some lunch around 3:30 and were on our way to drop me back off at my barracks. By the time I got outta my shower, I realized I got a nice amount of sun today. It felt good though, not like last month when I burned the hell outta myself. This was nice. I got to work in my big old ghetto truck and had another typical night at Take 5. I tried calling Mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day, but she wasn't home. SOOOO...Happy Mother's Day to everyone that it applies to and Mom, Grandma, and Grandma..I love you and thanks for everything.

No comments: