Monday, May 08, 2006

Beach bums

So lately when I'm not traveling off the island, I've been chillin at the beach on Saturday and Sunday afternoons with some good friends. We have currently been going to "La Cucharachas" lido (pay beach) in Catania. We just chill out and soak up the sun for like 4-5 hours. The Ionian Sea has still been really cold, but we get in every once in a while to get the sand off of us. If any of you are wonderin or to answer the emails I have received from friends, yes, Italians love to be naked and show lots of skin. If you want to see some nude beaches, you can come here. It's not technically a nude beach, but there are tons of women (most are old and nasty) with no tops on. Also, its like Speedo centrale here. Old men, young kids, teenage guys, any of them. It's really funny and amusing to make fun of them all day though. Oh well, just wanted to mention that since I've been asked by a bunch of my guy friends back at school. It's not always pleasant on nude beaches just to warn you all. The beach is a lot of fun though and I've been down there a few times now with Joe, Pirate, Sara, and Travis. I can't wait for the weather to keep heating up. I'm gonna turn into a beach bum soon enough. There's a beach called Fontana Bianca down near Syracusa that I'm dying to get to. It's one with beautiful white sand beaches and tons of rocks and cliffs to jump off. I can't wait. I'll have some pics up soon.

Gotta love a snowy active volcano and a beach with a gorgeous ocean in the same photo....?

I LOVE SPEEDOS AND THONGS!!! NOT....yuck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't for get your sunscreen...especially on those areas that don't see the light of day.

Anonymous said...

annie, did u relize that La Cucharachas is the spaniosh word for cockroaches...just letting u now

Annie & Joe said...

YES GENE, i knew that dork. I think people that havent even ever taken Spanish know that. But thanks for the heads-up. It's really weird, but here in Sicily there are practically no insects or rodents.

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean about naked Italians. I went to a park near Venice a few weeks ago and it was the first day it was "warm". There were tons of Italian teenagers running around in their underwear playing soccer. They just like to be naked.