Thursday, July 06, 2006

Leaving Sicily tomorrow...unfortunately :(

Hi ALL, I am officially 12 hours away from leaving my wonderful home and friends here in Sicily. Im going to the Catania airport tomorrow with Joe, James, and Leslie at 5:30am to catch my 7:30am flight to Rome. From there, I immediately head back to the States into Cincinatti and then should be arriving in St. Louis at 6:45pm. Not looking forward to 17 hours of flying and airport confusion and aggrevation. I said all my goodbyes today, which was very hard and lots of tears, but I cannot be more than happy about this entire experience. The traveling I've been able to fit in, the amazing friends I met and become so close with after 6 months, the training and experience of Navy MWR, and everything else that has made my life change for the better. I am gonna miss this place and the people here so much and I hope they all know that I will try my hardest to stay in touch. I am coming back to St. Louis tomorrow for 2 weeks before heading off to Maine for 2 weeks to visit my sister, her boyfriend, and my brothers. AFter that, the real world begins and my job search continues. I've found 2 MWR jobs that I'm going to apply for this week when I get home. My cell phone should be back on by tomorrow night or Saturday afternoon. Call me if you want to talk, otherwise email or in-person visits are more than appreciated to help calm me down from my Sicily-Homesickness. 314-566-9457. I love you all and can't wait to see you. I'll be working on my photo album shortly after I get home. LOVE YA!

No comments: