Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Reflection of the past 6 months

So in the past 6 months, many great things have happened and some worldwide events have ocurred in Sicily & Italy while I lived there. It was hard to leave, but I must admit that I was there during an awesome 6-month period. Here's my list of memorable moments:

- 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy
- NATO Conference in Taormina, Sicily
- Donald Rumsfeld toured both Sigonella bases during the conference
- CBS filmed and aired the Amazing Race in Sicily (Palermo, Segesta, Catania, and Siracusa)
- Head of Sicilian mafia, Bernardo Provenzano, caught in Corleone, Sicily after more than 40 years of hiding
- Italian Presidential elections (Prodi defeated Berlusconi)
- 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany
- ITALY WON THE 2006 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! (2 days after I left)
- Mt. Etna is starting to erupt since its last major one in 2002 (one week after I left)

No comments: