Monday, June 19, 2006

Dinner and a Movie

Thurs. June 1 - I had to train a new guy at work today, so hopefully I'll start to get some better hours here during my last few weeks. I'm kinda sick working on weekends and until midnight or so. When I got off work today, we all planned to go out to dinner to congratulate our friends on their promotions within the Navy. Our friend's Sarah & Aguilar got their HM3. It's a big deal here since the tests are really hard and not many people move up. Joe gets HN next week, so he's pretty happy about that. It was cool, I finally had my first dinner in Motta at a restaurant called Buongustai's. It's Sarah's favorite place to eat near base. It was really good. I offered to be the designated drier for the night so everyone could party and have a good time. All together, it was Travis, Joe, Josh, Sarah, Aguilar, and I that went in her tiny little car. It was quite amusing. I think I got drunk on water though after about 3 liters in an hour and a half or so. We all got home safe and chilled out the rest of the night.

Fri. June 2 - After work today I hung out at the softball field with some Public Works friends that I haven't seen for awhile. They were having a little BBQ out at the pavilion, so I stopped by and had a bratwurst during the game. It was nice to see them, I'm always so tired after work lately that I just hurry up and get back to NAS I. After the game, I headed back to NAS I because a bunch of us were going to go see The DaVinci Code at the theater. We had Adam go get the tickets early since it was rumored to sell out tonight. A ton of our friends ended up coming to see the movie so that was pretty cool. The movie was great, I really enjoyed it. Crystal told me that since she read the book, she didn't enjoy it as much as I probably would. But of course, the movies never add up to the book. I tried to make my day go well, but I did find out some horrible news earlier today from my Dad. My Uncle Chris (his brother) has been unfortunately diagnosed with multiple brain tumors. Please wish his the best of luck and I cannot wait to get home to visit with him. I hope my family is okay and coping with this sad news the best possible. Grandma, Uncle Chris, Aunt Gail, and the rest of the family, if you read this, I love you so much and I will be home soon to visit. You have been nothing but wonderful in my life and I will never forget the awesome weekends we all spent up at Mark Twain Lake skiing, wakeboarding, and kneeboarding. I love you. Please keep with updated.

No comments: