Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Normal Week

Mon. June 5 - After work, Joe and I borrowed Sarah's car to head up to Motta so I could possibly find a dress for the Corpsman Ball. Before heading to the mall, I went and worked out for a little bit so I could start getting into the routine. After the workout and a shower, we headed up to the mall. A little past Motta, is the largest mall in Sicily. It's called Etnapolis and I had never been there before. It is really nice, but its hilarious that this is the largest mall here. Its 2 stories tall and less than a 1/4 mile long. Oh well, there are some cool shops in there though. But....just like Sicily, 75% of the stores are shoe, make-up, hair salons, or luggage stores. Oh well. I did find some really cute Italian clothes from a place called Berksha. I bought some new jeans and two colorful polka-dot tank tops. I also went to the Wanna-Be Sicilian Walmart, called Carefor, and bought tons of souvenirs and food for people back home. It was an adventure, but unfortunately no luck with finding a dress. I've got another 2 weeks to find one, so I'm not too worried. I just don't wanna wear the same one that I went to the SeaBee Ball in.

Tues. June 6 - My knee wasn't feelin too good today at work, so afterwards I watched some softball for a little bit and headed home. I had a really strenuous workout last night that aggitated my knee pretty bad. I made some of the pasta that I bought last night at Carefor and it was really good. Right after dinner, I took some ibuprofen for my knee thats been botherin me really bad and fell asleep for the rest of the night. The air conditioning in my room is amazing!

Wed. June 7 - Right after work I went and got my haircut across the street at Monikas, this is the same place I got my hair done for the SeaBee Ball at. She's really sweet. I asked her if she'd be able to do my hair for this dance, but she said she was going outta town. After I got my hair cut, I went over to the library and sat there for awhile updating my blog and MySpace pics.

No comments: