Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A full weekend of SCUBA Diving

Sat. June 3 - Today was my 2nd open-water dive in Aci Trezza with Sylvie and Giuseppe. Joe and I couldn't find a ride, so I took the big truck into the town. It's huge and of course the town's streets are narrow, so I was kinda nervous, but it was my only option if I wanted to dive today. Today was also my first real time driving thru Catania and with that big ole truck, it was lots of fun :). Anyways, we got there alright and the dive went well. We dove in Aci Trezza today instead of Aci Castello. It was nice, but the water was a little murky. After diving, we went over to their house and we all had a BBQ. A few other divers came along and we cooked a Sicilian/American BBQ lunch. They loved our bratwursts, they dont have those here. Sylvie made fresh bruschetta and we had lots of fresh bread to munch on. It was so much fun and their family is amazing. Unfortunately, I had to be at Take 5 by 5pm (til midnight) so we had to leave the party early. I ran home, slept on the car ride home, took a quick shower, and got over to the other base just in time. Work was long as usual, but this time it was even harder since SCUBA Diving really makes you exhausted. I got home super late and all I wanted to do was go to bed. There was no way I was gonna go out and kick it. I wanted to SCUBA again in the morning, so I didn't need to go out anyways.

Sun. June 4 - I went diving again this morning. It was a nice and small crowd today, so we got to stay under longer and got to 13 meters deep. We dove in Aci Castello today for dive #3. Only one more to go! The rest of the day was just spent chillin out and hanging out with friends.

No comments: