Sunday, March 26, 2006

Best Bowling Game EVER!!

Sat. March 18 - Woke up around noon and went and watched movies with everyone chilling out in the barracks. I watched a History of Violence with Murphy and it was really good until the ending, we also watched Madagascar with everyone down in Adam's room. We still had Murphy's birthday for tomorrow, so we planned a night of bowling here on base. I havent been bowling here yet, but we have a 10-lane bowling alley in our Midtown complex where I work. It was cosmic bowling from 9-12, but we had to get there at 8pm to reserve 3 lanes. We had 16 people coming, so it was about to get a little crazy. They come bowling up here all the time, because you can't beat a Saturday night for $10. It was cool, everyone got there on time and the lanes were all lit up. I met a bunch of new people tonight that were at the lane next too us. We had to play league style, but it was cool. Its just hard to have over 20 people drinking and paying attention to whose turn it was. My first game was alright, it had just been forever since I've been bowling, and cosmic bowling on top of that. It really makes a difference when those lights are off and the lanes are flashing. I scored a 116 my first game, which is normal, but it was the 2nd game that was amazing. I don't know what came over me, but I was on a roll. I was getting strike after strike and spares if I didn't get that. I was starting to beat all the guys and from the 5th frame on I had the highest score on the board of 20 people. I know you won't belive me (AMY), but I scored a 190! I was jumping up and down. Thats like 40 more than my highest score ever and that was only once. It was awesome, I was in such a good mood. We left at 12am when it was over and all headed back to our rooms. Everyone was still really tired from the night before and we were all gonna have a BBQ for Joe's 21st B-Day tomorrow.

Sun. March 19 - It's Joe's B-Day today so Adam, Sarah, and I had been planning it out for the past two days. We were gonna do a BBQ outside in the pits next to our barracks. We had everything planned for people to get there around 6, but as the day went on, the weather just kept getting nastier and nastier. We decided to change the plans around and just bring him out to dinner, but that didn't work either. By 5pm, we finally decided to just buy him a cake and throw a little celebration in Chris' room (hes the Resident Advisor, so his room is the biggest). It was pretty cheesy, but Joe didn't care. About 10 people showed up and he opened his present and ate some cake. We all ended up going to see a movie afterwards and just ended the night early. I had a bunch of work to do, so it didn't bother me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LIAR...lol...jk..u r lucky... but did u win?

Anonymous said...

congrats....but you don't win the ring with a high score....save the skills for when you return home to prove to us you bowled this....ha..ha...ha..mom

Annie & Joe said...

HECK YES I WON! I'll probably start bowling here more often when all my internship work is finished. My friend Matt was on the bowling team in HS and can score almost-perfect games. Maybe he can teach me how to walk right on my approach. LOL

Anonymous said...

yea...if u learn to walk right u wont have to do that little step thing u do.