Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Etna and another costume party

Sat. March 4 - I can't believe I've been here for 7 weeks already. I have so much more stuff I want to do and see. I'm trying to get on the trips to Malta and Corfu, Greece that are coming up in April and May. I went to Mt. Etna with Rosario today and a big group of people that I finally convinced to get on the ITT trip. We got up there and the ride up was clear and blue skies. Once we got up there, we saw vans and cars coming down and the gondolaz were not moving. I figured it was closed due to the wind because it's been closed all week for the same reason. We got up there and the van was shaking from the winds being so strong. The people on the trip were kinda disappointed but I made the most efforts I could. I'm pretty good friends with a few of the ski patrol and they told us it would not be opening all day. I asked if the North Side would be open, but they said that was closed too. We decided to all just hang out at the shops and eat some lunch/breakfast before we headed back down the mountain to go home. It was a short day since we got back around 11am. The entire time I've been here, I've never actually been home on a Saturday afternoon. It was a strange feeling, but everybody was gonna hang out and watch a movie. As soon as I got home, the tired feeling hit. I went to my room and laid down for a few hours since there was another party tonight. I headed over there after I ate some dinner and had a good nap. The theme was an Office Party. The guys had to have ties on and the girls had to have a skirt on. The party was fun, but only like 6 people showed up. We still made it fun and we played some Dance Dance Revolution for about an hour. I'm so bad at that game, but it is humerous to watch. I finally got to bed around 2am and had a nice Sunday of sleep ahead of me.

No comments: