Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THE GOOD NEWS

I've been so freakin busy I haven't really be able to write on here in awhile, but I have good news for you all. (I Hope!). I have officially been extended as an intern until July 7, 2006 here at Sigonella. It should be awesome to experience a summer here in the Med. I'm so excited. I've heard some fun stories about the beaches and boat cruises. Today, Leslie told me I was basically going to be the Recreation Aid until I leave since the real job position never filled. No one was qualified enough. It should be really fun and a great resume booster for me. I'll be creating and leading outdoor recreation trips such as camping, boat trips, beach trips, hiking up the volcano, and visiting some national parks around Sicily. I'm really happy she asked me to do this because now I'll feel a lot more confident and comfortable applying for a Rec Aid position with MWR when I get back to the States. I am sorry in advance if I miss anything back home, but I promise I will make it up. You'll just have to remind me. I miss ya'll already and will be missin you like crazy in the next few months. Remember to email me if anything is going on back home that I'm missing out on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u get to miss crystals graduation....that sucks

Annie & Joe said...

I dont want to, but I've already talked to her about it. I'll make it up to her. You're going to have to go in my place Gene. She's practically your sister too.

Anonymous said...

i guess i have to then...u r lucky i am here

Annie & Joe said...

I know it... I'm so lucky to have you Gene. Love ya